

this is one of the many gorgeous villas that i often pass by on my runs. real Italian villas! ha

This is the beginning of the road that I often take when I run...isn't it beautiful? I seriously cannot believe the scenery every time I go on a run. I always take new paths so it is never the same route. I found a church the other day! It was fun....today was fun because I took these pictures while I walked my usual running route. It was fun because I got to spend even more time looking around....and today is Palm Sunday. so I noticed a lot of families in cars together, coming home from church...I loved it.

This is when I was approaching the little town of San Domenico. I pass through this town every time I run. Toward the end of the town, there are two roads up to Fiesole, which is the small Etruscan town above Florence. It is so beautiful up there. All that is in this town is a little cafe/bar, Edicola (which is a newspaper stand), a church, and there is also a road that leads to the European University.

More of the roads I run on...

That little stop light is for that little, itty bitty road to the left. Only one car's width can go through at a time...it is so fun. The walls are lined with vines and moss and there are a couple doors to a couple of homes.

The view of the town of Todi that we went to on Saturday. We went to Todi to see specifically the centralized church that is there, supposedly designed by Leonardo da Vinci, but they are not sure. Other than that, this town was just really cute.

Todi

The centralized church in Todi. It was very rare to have a centralized church like this, because normally it was a Pagan shape of building. It was beautiful inside also, mainly because of the placement of the windows so high up on the building.

The AMAZING cathedral in Orvieto. I have never seen anything like it. It is one of the best examples of GOthic architecture, only second to Chartes Cathedral in France. the mosaics on the fiscade were not placed there until later (i think the 18th century) but the rest of it was built in the 14th and 15th centuries.

Katie and I in Orvieto.

Little street in Orvieto with a cute old man who had just walked out of his door with his cane. perfect.

This well is in Orvieto...I believe it was built for a Pope. It is soo deep!
No comments:
Post a Comment