Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lucca and Cinque Terre!!!

This weekend I went to Lucca and to Cinque Terre! Two of the most beautiful cities! Pictures to come tomorrow....Even though I had been to both of these places before, it really didn't matter. I went to all 5 of the towns in Cinque Terre and hiked to a couple of them on the "Villa d'Amore" (Walk of Love :) and then took the train to a few...it was so nice to be near the water...I miss it so much!
....and also last weekend I stayed in Florence when Alexine visited! One of the best weekends of the semester! It was so fun because I actually got to be a tourist in Florence...something I haven't really done since the first weekend. We discovered two amazing places...one is right by Dante's house and next to the church where Dante's wife is buried. We got these amazing schiaccata sandwiches with this cheese called stacchino, drizzeled with balsamic vinegar, some argula and sun dried tomatoes, and a class of the house wine and some pecorino cheese--all for like 5 Euro! Such a fun little find! We hiked up to Fiesole and found a little market there which was so fun...sampled some honey from local areas which was so fun. We went to my favoriet restaurant so far called Coquinarious--I am taking my parents there when they come! It is soo yummy (i went last night again with a friend who is in town!).
pictures to comeee!!! Love and miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment