Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Amsterdam with Allison!!!

The Anne Frank house in Amsterdam. This was incredible to see. I only had to wait about 10 minutes in the line, while I had heard to prepare to wait for hours. So I got very lucky! It was very moving the way it was set up...some quotes from her diary were on the walls...she had incredible insight for a girl of 14 years old. It was amazing to actually go through the bookcase that she went through to go up to the "annex". It was a very memorable experience especially after reading her diary years ago.
i thought this building was awesome! just one of many on a main street....
love the shutters on this one...there are several buildings like this. I really felt as I walked around the city that is was so beautiful it almost didn't feel real. I loved it that way though! Such a beuatiful and colorful city.
Allison and I near Dam square...the main square in the city. So fun! :)
A beautiful canal. I loved the canals because I never saw a modern boat--they all looked so antique. And they made the city feel so fresh and open--and I miss the water so it was nice to be near that, too! :)
Loved the architecture on these buildings--especially the red one!
If you look closely...I am in the "M"!
Allison and me on near a canal! The canals are SO beautiful in this city. I really felt like everything was not real, it was so beautiful and colorful. I LOVED this city! And Allison was the MOST amazing hostess! We cooked dinner two out of the four nights and went to an AMAZING Thai food place and another pub with really good hamburgers and fries. Oh my gosh...another amazing dessert--the Stroopwaffel--basically it is two very thin waffles with a thin layer of caramel in the middle...amazing! We got one at an open air market called "Dappermark" which also had the best dried fruit I have ever had. At that same market, we also bought some pesto cheese--the guy explained to us that it was a type of cheese that was mixed with pesto sauce and stored for 6 months before being sold. We had it for lunch on sandwiches the next day! We actually went to two open air markets which were SO beautiful and fun to stroll around in.
Beautiful buildings....I loved how they were all so different and colorful


No comments:

Post a Comment