Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bologna and Ravenna!

Ravenna: Dante's Tomb!
Bologna: Mackensey, Elaine, and I in Bologna. Right after this picture we were walking along the street and saw a painter in his studio painting a huge mural on the wall. He noticed us watching him and invited us in and we talked to him for about a half an hour! We learned that he has been to New York a couple times to learn English and to exhibit his work. He has worked on several movies--including one starring Dustin Hoffman and Geena Davis--we are not really sure what he did on the film set, but that's pretty cool! And he has met with Robert de Niro, Harrison Ford, and some other actors! The brochure he gave us was in Italian so we had a difficult time reading what he did on these movie sets, but nonetheless, it was a pretty great experience! 
Bologna: The tower on the left is leaning--the leaning tower of Bologna! Not totally sure about the story of these towers, but we found a great gelato place right under them! ha There are some legends about what happened on these towers, but not sure which one is true. Its cool though because they are in the middle of more modern buildings and these are very medieval-looking.
Bologna: We loved walking these streets in Bologna (before it started pouring!). We stopped by a bakery and found a little snack called "pizza di linguine" or something...basically a long piece of pizza dough covered in marinara sauce and basil--perfect. Then we wandered the streets more and found little open fish markets, cheese shops, and wine enotecas...it was wonderful and quaint. 
Florence: This is where I live! I can't believe I haven't put these pictures up yet! This was taken on a bridge that I cross every day to get to school and come home--my house is not along the river but down the opposite way. But I just love the look of these houses and it was so beautiful this day at around 5:00 when it was starting to get dark. I love where I live. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment